student equity, participation and welfare
Latest News & Updates
given the current covid-19 situation, the university of canberra is determined to support our partners in every way possible as we continue to provide support, outreach, engagement and participation activities remotely.
as such, the aspire uc team has increased our suite of online programs to enable us to deliver valuable resources and engagement opportunities to support the students, teachers and communities within our aspire uc network of schools.
We have developed a brand new range online programs and activities which can be delivered via remote learning, or in a classroom environment! Our new programs for term 3 & 4 delivery include:
- 7 different online workshops to help students understand and navigate their options for engaging with university or tafe after school.
- a structured and fully supervised mentoring program connecting high school students with current uc students with similar backgrounds/interests, and
- Drop-in Q&A sessions for students and parents who want to learn more about what it’s like to move away from home and study at UC
find out more information about these programs and activities in our online programs and activities guide.
if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further details and up to date information, please visit the university of canberra's official covid-19 information page, at //www.accurateacrylics.com/coronavirus-advice
the university of canberra (uc) is committed to student equity in higher education, providing opportunities to people from a range of backgrounds. within student administration, widening participation manages delivery of several uc outreach initiatives, which are outlined in our uc student equity and access plan 2018-2022. these are externally funded through the australian government's higher education participation and partnerships programme
Student Equity, Participation & Welfare is a passionate and dedicated team within the university of canberra dedicated to equity, outreach and the support of students. The team offers a wide range of programs to build academic capacity, increase awareness of and enhance access to higher education for individuals and groups traditionally underrepresented in Higher education. The SEPW team, including current UC students, works in partnership with internal and external partners, including participating schools, communities and organisations across the ACT & regional NSW.
all programs are designed to combat disadvantage in higher education and to meet the needs of a diverse range of participants, including those from:
- a rural and/or regional background;
- an aboriginal and/or torres strait islander background;
- a history of financial disadvantage; and/or
- little or no family experience of higher education.
explore our website for more information on each of our programs including:
- future focus online modules
- teacher professional development
- aboriginal and torres strait islander outreach programs
- resources for schools and careers advisers
find out more by liking our facebook page - uc student equity, participation and welfare.